Inclusive Excellence Opportunities Program
for projects supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion
UNL Libraries employees have the opportunity to apply for grant money to support a project focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. The goals of this program include:
- fund as many projects that demonstrate creativity, out of the box thinking, or breaks down structural barriers
- provide support and investment in the individual, organizational opportunities, professional development, and scholarly activities to encourage this work
- address campus initiatives: The Journey priorities, N2025, Grand Challenges, Antiracist priorities
Libraries faculty and staff should submit their project through the Inclusive Excellence Opportunities Program form found on the Libraries internal website.
Need help with your ideas?
We are looking for new ideas that will address antiracism and support inclusive excellence. If you have an idea for a proposal and you would like assistance to shape it into a project, send an email to: email@example.com. We have a team of library staff ready to work with you.
About Staff Development
The Libraries' vision includes a strong staff development program, in which individuals keep information literacy skills current and effectively contribute to the development of the Libraries. The foundation of the Libraries' staff development program is based on learning organization principles and NU Values (the University's compensation and classification program).
NU Values include:
- core competencies
- key behaviors
- position expectations
An enhanced staff development program includes:
- supervisory training
- student supervisor training
- annual refreshers
- traditional programs
- new employee orientation
- individual plans for growth and development.
The Staff Development Committee works regularly with:
- Diversity Librarian
- Library Faculty Academic Activities committee
Find out more about Libraries
News, Events & Exhibits
Visit UNL Events Calendar
for information about UNL campus events