We are excited to welcome the UNL community to the Dinsdale Family Learning Commons (formerly CY Thompson Library) located on East Campus.
Come in and explore the new spaces and services that will impact your student success, collaborative projects, and faculty and staff research.
Learn About Our Lead Donors
Where to Find us, Where to Park
Dinsdale Family Learning Commons
1625 N 38th Street, East Campus
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0717
Libraries Collections at Dinsdale Family Learning Commons
Access to Libraries Collections
Books will move back into the lower level of Dinsdale in summer 2021.
The Libraries will continue to prioritize electronic access. Use the document delivery forms to request any materials not available for immediate online access (you request, we retrieve).
Find out more about how to find ebooks, request materials, and pick up items you request.
Places to Study
Study spaces throughout the building will follow current COVID-19 guidelines for safe social distancing.
- Open areas
- Study rooms with limited seating
Places to Learn
- Active learning classrooms
- Learning stairs with integrated technology and sound system
- Meeting rooms
- Wifi access and charging stations for mobile devices
- Technology integrated study rooms
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite, GIS, RStudio, SAS, SPSS, ZoomText
- Laptop checkout through Huskertech
Print, Copy & Scan
- Printing is available through the cloud-based Wepa station
- Scanning is available at select desktop computers and the Wepa station
- Gender Neutral/Family Restroom, first floor room 133
- Mothers Room, 2nd floor room 229
- Vending Machines, first floor room 109 & second floor room 231
Research & Teaching Programs
The Dinsdale Research and Teaching Program supports and provides solutions for the unique information, data, and scholarly communication needs of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's East Campus and Innovation Campus communities.
As the Dinsdale programming gets underway during the Spring 2021 semester, the University Libraries' faculty and staff are excited to share our expertise and to grow partnerships and collaborations in these areas:
- advanced research and information support, including the design of an evidence-based review service;
- research data services and scholarly communication;
- science literacy, learning, and communication;
- community engagement and citizen science; and
- entrepreneurship and innovation.
Contact your subject/liaison librarian for more information.
Husker alumni and philanthropists Ruth and Bill Scott of Omaha provided a leadership contribution as a challenge gift to encourage others to invest in the project. The Dinsdale family of Nebraska responded with a major gift commitment. The gift was made by Sid Dinsdale, Chris Dinsdale and Jane Dinsdale Rogers in honor of their father, Roy G. Dinsdale; and by Lynn Dinsdale Marchese and Tom Dinsdale in honor of their father, the late John “Jack” A. Dinsdale.