Policies & Emergency Procedures
Emergency ProceduresBe Prepared. Know your surroundings. Know the Procedures.
The University Libraries have designated 4 types of emergencies that require procedures be put in place to ensure the safety of everyone.
- power outage
- bomb threat
The University Libraries uphold the principles set forth in the American Library Association Statement on Professional Ethics that states that circulation records will remain confidential. Contact Love Library or C.Y. Thompson ASKus locations for further information on this policy.
The University Libraries and University Counsel will comply with agents conducting an investigation resulting from invocation of the USA Patriot's Act.
Copyright Laws & Fair Use GuidelinesProtect Yourself. Know the Rules.
Lost & Found
In keeping with the policy adopted by University of Nebraska Campus Police, this policy applies to items turned in as lost and found to the Love Library South, ASKus 1st Floor or any branch library.
Items below are turned over to University Police.
- Purses, wallets, cash, credit/debit cards, backpacks, keys
- ID cards including University IDs and drivers licenses
- Calculators and electronics with a minimum value of $50.00
Items below are retained as space allows, and discarded if no owner can be found.
- Prescription eyeglasses, including sunglasses
- Clothing including jackets, hats and mittens
- Miscellaneous: charger cords, flash drives, bottles, pictures, etc.
Laptop PoliciesLaptops are available to current University of Nebraska-Lincoln students, staff, and faculty to checkoutView Laptop Use and Policies
Public Access Computers
Because funding for public-access computers comes from student technology fees, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries must ensure that University students have priority use. As an institution partially funded with state dollars, the University Libraries also provides limited computer/Internet access as a courtesy to the general public. Internet access is widely available elsewhere in the Lincoln area, including the various branches of the Lincoln City Libraries.
All computer use must comply with the University of Nebraska's computer use policy. Violation of this policy can result in revocation of the user's card and possible intervention by university police.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln prohibits pets from University of Nebraska-Lincoln controlled buildings, except for dogs that have been trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. While on University controlled property:
- dogs must be under full control (walking, standing or sitting quietly) by the person's side at all times.
- dogs should not be wandering, jumping, barking or being disruptive in any way.
- if someone nearby is allergic, the person with the dog will be asked to re-locate.