The University Libraries outlines fire, bomb, power outage, and tornado emergency procedures for the Libraries.
In addition, the Libraries follows University of Nebraska Emergency Planning and Preparedness policies and procedures.
AED Locations in Love Library
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located in Love Library. Find them in the following locations:
- Love Library Link near 220
- Adele Hall Learning Commons near restrooms
Space Usage Policy
Space in the University Libraries’ is primarily intended for academic research collections, Libraries’ services and programs, study space for the University community, and Libraries’-sponsored or co-sponsored events. UNL Libraries space for personal use or events by current student groups or alumni groups is outside the scope of our intended use. This includes any activity resulting in financial gain for the client, except for charitable fundraisers or other events approved in advance by Library Administration.
The University Libraries uphold the principles set forth in the American Library Association Statement on Professional Ethics that states that circulation records will remain confidential. Contact ASKus for further information on this policy.
The University Libraries and University Counsel will comply with agents conducting an investigation resulting from invocation of the USA Patriot's Act.
Lost & Found
In keeping with the policy adopted by University of Nebraska Campus Police, this policy applies to items turned in as lost and found to the Love Library South, ASKus 1st Floor or any branch library.
Items below are turned over to University Police.
- Purses, wallets, cash, credit/debit cards, backpacks, keys
- ID cards including University IDs and drivers licenses
- Calculators and electronics with a minimum value of $50.00
Items below are retained as space allows, and discarded if no owner can be found.
- Prescription eyeglasses, including sunglasses
- Clothing including jackets, hats and mittens
- Miscellaneous: charger cords, flash drives, bottles, pictures, etc.
Public Access Computers
Because funding for public-access computers comes from student technology fees, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries must ensure that University students have priority use. As an institution partially funded with state dollars, the University Libraries also provides limited computer/Internet access as a courtesy to the general public. Internet access is widely available elsewhere in the Lincoln area, including the various branches of the Lincoln City Libraries.
All computer use must comply with the University of Nebraska's computer use policy. Violation of this policy can result in revocation of the user's card and possible intervention by university police.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln prohibits pets from University of Nebraska-Lincoln controlled buildings, except for dogs that have been trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. While on University controlled property:
- dogs must be under full control (walking, standing or sitting quietly) by the person's side at all times.
- dogs should not be wandering, jumping, barking or being disruptive in any way.
- if someone nearby is allergic, the person with the dog will be asked to re-locate.
Persistent problems should be reported to Institutional Equity and Compliance at 402-472-3417.