Renewing Library Materials
You will need your NCard or Community User Library Card.
Log into your Library Account or Interlibrary Loan Account.
Call 402-472-9568 if you need help renewing your library materials.
Renewing Overdue Materials
- Bring the overdue notice to any ASKus location and request renewal of the materials listed.
- Mail the overdue notice(s) to: 318 Love Library, P.O. Box 884100, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588. On the overdue notice, write "RENEW". You can sign in to your library account to check your fees/fines and the new date.
- If you receive an overdue notice via email, reply to the message with a request to renew.
Renewals Not Allowed or Missing Materials
Library materials must be returned if:
- you have renewed the maximum period of time
- a recall has been placed on the materials
- the materials status has been declared as missing
Items not eligible for renewal or gone missing, must be returned to verify their physical condition and be left in the library for 24 hours prior to being checked out again. This policy applies to all users.
Faculty Renewals / Missing
- Most materials can be renewed up to 36 weeks unless a recall has been placed on them. EXCEPTION: Circulating bound journals can be renewed up to 6 days.
- After the maximum allowed period of time or the status of the item has gone to MISSING, the items must be returned to evaluate their physical condition unless other arrangements are made.
- Items must be left in the library at least 24 hours prior to being checked out again.
Length of Renewals
|Borrower Type||Books||Periodicals||CDs, DVDs and Videos||Course Reserves||Interlibrary Loan|
|UNL Undergraduate Students||up to 36 weeks||up to 6 days||up to 14 days||no renewals||determined by the lending library|
|UNL Graduate Students||up to 36 weeks||up to 6 days||up to 14 days||no renewals||determined by the lending library|
|UNL Faculty||up to 36 weeks||up to 6 days||up to 14 days||no renewals||determined by the lending library|
|UNL Staff||up to 6 days||1 renewal (three days)||up to 14 days||no renewals||determined by the lending library|
|Community Users*||up to 56 days||up to 6 days||up to 14 days||cannot be checked out||determined by the lending library|
* Community Users include: UNL Alumni Association Members, Reciprocal Borrowers and Nebraska Residents