Music Library Staff
Help us test Database Trials
nkoda is an online library of sheet music available through a downloaded desktop or mobile app.
- If you are off campus, you may need to log in with your My.UNL to access this trial.
- Follow the instructions to download the app to your desktop or mobile device.
- Trial expires September 27, 2020.
Send feedback about this trial to Anita Breckbill, Music Librarian, email@example.com
Collections & Resources
Music Library Holdings
The Music Library's holdings of books, scores, periodicals, CDs, LPs, videotapes, DVDs, and streaming databases include:
- basic and research collections in music history and theory
- major composers' collected editions and monuments of music
- study scores and performing scores
- bound and online sets of periodicals
Look for the icon throughout libraries for helpful tutorials.
Guides & Tutorials
Image & Multimedia Collections
Print, Copy & Scan
Printing and copying is available through the cloud-based Wepa station.
Listening, Viewing & Writing
Listening equipment: CD and cassette players, turntables, and dubbers for CDs, LPs and cassettes
Audio recorders available for check-out
Viewing equipment: televisions for VHS and DVDs
Writing stations: iMacs with midi keyboards for use with music-writing software, Sibelius and Finale
Dr. Raymond Haggh
History of the Music Library
The Music Library is one of six branch libraries in the UNL Libraries' system. It was established as a branch in the Westbrook Music Building in 1980, in part due to the efforts of the director of the School of Music, Dr.Raymond Haggh. The Music Library honored him in 1997 by naming the library's main room the Raymond H. Haggh Reading Room.