Schedule & Plan Your Visit
Schedule Your VisitMake an appointment to visit & view materials
Why Scheduling an Appointment is Important
- Materials in Archives & Special Collections are non-circulating & may only be viewed in one of our reading rooms.
- Some materials are stored off-site and require advance notice for retrieval.
- We can provide additional information about our collections and services.
- We can help refine your request.
- We can ensure the availability of the requested materials.
- Staff can prepare materials for your visit ahead of time giving you more time to view items.
- We have two reading room locations. Knowing what you're looking for will help determine where you need to go.
Instruction & Tours
Archives & Special Collections is open to individuals, groups and classes. If you plan to visit, contact us ahead of time to schedule an appointment.
The department offers classes on archive instruction and will provide introductory tours relating to specific collections. University faculty are asked to call in advance to schedule a class.
If you are unable to visit in person and would like to request extensive research, we may be able to provide you with names of local researchers. We are unable to endorse anyone specific.