Reading rooms are open by appointment only Tues, Wed and Thurs, 9AM-4PM
When possible, material requests will be provided in digital format. Please allow us a few days lead time to prepare materials for your appointment when scheduling a time to visit.
All campus visitors are required to wear face masks and follow protective measures as outlined here: https://covid19.unl.edu/face-covering-policy
Reproduction & Duplication Use & Fees
Use of Reproductions & Duplications
Reproductions & Duplications of Archival materials may be requested for use in private study, scholarship, or research. Reproductions & Duplications may not be transferred to others, further reproduced, or published without written permission of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln or from the individual or institution that holds the copyrights.
Archive staff will produce all reproductions and copies of archival materials.
Some items may not be reproduced or copied due to age, condition, copyright, and access restrictions.
Requesting Reproductions & Duplications
- Requests for reproductions and duplications may be made in person during your visit or through email. We do not provide fee quotes over the phone.
- Charges for reproductions and duplications are subject to change without notice.
- There is a charge of $5.00 plus postage for reproductions and duplications sent through mail, email, or download orders.
- As soon as costs are determined, an invoice or total cost will be sent to you or presented for payment when you pick up digital reproductions or photocopies. The digital reproductions or duplications will be released when payment is received. Checks should be made payable to "UNL Libraries."
- Photocopies are generally ready within 24 to 48 hours of placing an order. Staff will call or e-mail when the materials are ready for pick-up and payment.
- Reproductions are generally ready within 5 working days unless otherwise indicated. Additional time will be required for large orders. Digital reproductions will be provided via CD-ROM or Flash Disk (Thumb Drive), email, or online download. Non-UNL individuals or offices will be charged a fee for CD-ROMs. For UNL Faculty, Students, and Staff, the fee is waived if the individual or office provides a CD-ROM.
- Please allow 6 weeks for photographic duplicates and up to 10 weeks for microfilm, audio tape, and film or video duplicates.
Reproduction & Duplication Fees
|Photocopies per exposure (printed materials)||$0.10|
|Photocopies per exposure (manuscript and other unique materials)||$0.15|
|Digital Reproduction (per image)||$15.00|
|Digital Reproduction (per image) UNL Faculty, Students, Staff||Fee Waived (first 10 images) after 10, regular fees apply|
|Microfilm reader printer copies per exposure, self service||$0.25|
|Microfilm reader printer copies per exposure, by staff||$0.25|
|Positive Microfilm, no existing negative||$125.00 per reel|
|Positive Microfilm, existing printing master negative||$42.00 (diazo), $61.00 (Silver Halide)|
|Black and white photographic print, 5 x 7||$15.00|
|Black and white photographic print, 8 x 10||$20.00|
|Color prints, 8 x 10||$15.00|
|Color slides (35 mm) per slide||$5.00*|
|*Note: UNL faculty, staff and students are entitled to a 50% discount on slides used for classroom purposes.|
|Color transparencies||$50.00 plus lab costs|
|Film or video, 16mm, VHS, Betacam SP tape, etc.**||Lab costs plus 50%|
|Cassette or reel-to-reel tapes**||Lab costs plus 50%|
|**Duplication of tapes must be done by commercial laboratories, therefore, an additional charge for handling is added to lab costs.|
|Encapsulated and oversize materials (maps, posters, etc.)||Reproduction costs + $10 handling fee|