It is possible to request digital reproductions and photocopies of materials held in the Archives & Special Collections when they can be produced without any damage to the materials and it is permitted by United States Copyright Law. All digital reproductions and photocopies are made by staff.
- Requests for digital reproductions and photocopies must be made in writing or via email. We do not provide fee quotes over the phone.
- Charges for digital reproductions and photocopies are subject to change without notice. In addition to the fees stated below, there is a charge of $5.00 plus postage for all mail, email, or download orders.
- As soon as costs are determined, an invoice or total cost will be sent to you or presented for payment when you pick up digital reproductions or photocopies. The digital reproductions or photocopies will be released when payment is received. Checks should be made payable to "University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries."
- Photocopies are generally ready within 24 to 48 hours of placing an order. Staff will call or e-mail when the materials are ready for pick-up and payment.
- Digital reproductions are generally ready within 5 working days unless otherwise requested. Additional time will be required for large orders. Digital reproductions will be provided via CD-ROM or Flash Disk (Thumb Drive), email, or online download. Non-University of Nebraska-Lincoln individuals or offices will be charged a fee for CD-ROMs. For University of Nebraska-Lincoln Faculty, Students, and Staff, the fee is waived if the individual or office provides a CD-ROM.
- Please allow 6 weeks for photographic duplicates and up to 10 weeks for microfilm, audio tape, and film or video duplicates.
|Photocopies per exposure (printed materials)||$0.10|
|Photocopies per exposure (manuscript and other unique materials)||$0.15|
|Digital Reproduction (per image)||$15.00|
|Digital Reproduction (per image) University of Nebraska-Lincoln Faculty, Students, Staff||Fee Waived (first 10 images) after 10, regular fees apply|
|Microfilm reader printer copies per exposure, self service||$0.25|
|Microfilm reader printer copies per exposure, by staff||$0.25|
|Positive Microfilm, no existing negative||$125.00 per reel|
|Positive Microfilm, existing printing master negative||$42.00 (diazo), $61.00 (Silver Halide)|
|Black and white photographic print, 5 x 7||$15.00|
|Black and white photographic print, 8 x 10||$20.00|
|Color prints, 8 x 10||$15.00|
|Color slides (35 mm) per slide||$5.00*|
|*Note: University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty, staff and students are entitled to a 50% discount on slides used for classroom purposes.|
|Color transparencies||$50.00 plus lab costs|
|Film or video, 16mm, VHS, Betacam SP tape, etc.**||Lab costs plus 50%|
|Cassette or reel-to-reel tapes**||Lab costs plus 50%|
|**Duplication of tapes must be done by commercial laboratories, therefore, an additional charge for handling is added to lab costs.|
|Encapsulated and oversize materials (maps, posters, etc.)||Reproduction costs + $10 handling fee|