Requests for Course Reserves materials should include:
- A detailed citation of each item you need to provide your students (Title, Author, Publisher, page numbers, etc.)
- Dates you need each item available to students. eadlines and scheduled priorities to ensure students will have timely access and to allow Reserves staff sufficient processing time
- Reserves staff be given access to the Canvas course to add necessary materials
Examples of Course Reserves materials include:
- Streaming video and audio files
- Scanned book chapters and articles
- Links to online content
- Links to licensed databases
- Instructional guides for academic disciplines
- Scanned book chapters, articles and webpages
Send us your Course Reserve Requests Early
Receive Highest Priority
- Submit requests 2 weeks before semester begins.
- Taking summer off? Send us your Fall requests before you leave.
- Otherwise, requests will be processed in order received
Setting up your Online Reserves
- Once your online reserves are ready, you will receive an email with the link to your online reserves.
- Add this link to your Canvas course
- Need Help?
We can help you set up your course reserve in Canvas
Reserves available at ASKus
- Once your request is sent, we will locate library items.
- You may also place your personal resource on reserve for your students to use.
- The items will be available at the ASKus desk in your designated branch library
- Designate the length of time a student may borrow the item, including limiting the item to building use.