Last updated May 22, 2020
The Libraries and Adele Coryell Hall Learning Commons will remain closed through June.
All other campus libraries and offices will remain closed until further notice, and there is no physical access to libraries collections. Visit our Hours page for a list of closings.
Read additional updates about the university's ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Operations & Collections Updates
While physical buildings are closed, our librarians and staff remain available remotely to answer questions.
Although community users are not able to access most databases remotely, we offer a list of resources that community users can use.
Due dates for most materials owned by UNL Libraries have been renewed to August 25, 2020. We will continue to extend due dates as needed. No overdue fines will accrue for UNL Libraries materials while campus Libraries are closed. If you need to return a book, read our FAQ: Where can I return a book?
Teaching and Research Services
Teaching and Course Support
Whether you are an instructor transitioning to delivering your teaching online or a student now completing all of your courses at a distance, we are here to support you. See our Teaching and Course Support during COVID-19 page for additional information or find your librarian.
Libraries Online Services
- Visit A-Z Databases for a list of electronic materials available for research and curriculum support.
- Find a list of expanded access to databases, textbooks, ebooks and media made available by vendors to assist with curriculum and research support during during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- How to find Ebooks online through UNL Libraries resources & the open web.
- HathiTrust is offering UNL students, staff and faculty online access to nearly 50% of UNL Libraries print material. Learn more about accessing the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS).
- Open resources available to everyone, including community users.
ASKus & Librarian Consultations
Librarians and library staff are available online to answer your questions and support your coursework, research, and teaching. Visit ASKus to chat, email, text, or schedule an appointment with a librarian.
Libraries will provide Course Reserves Services to support online and remote teaching and learning. Visit our Course Reserves site for information about submitting requests and help with Canvas.
Delivery / Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan staff are still available to process your requests for materials. We are working to obtain electronically sourced articles, books and book chapters wherever possible. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the closures of many partner institutions, and we have suspended ILL of physical items. Contact a Librarian for help with locating materials.
We are in the process of extending due dates for items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan to August 25, 2020.