The UNL Libraries faculty and staff play an active role in facilitating the connection between students/faculty/users and the scholarly record. UNL Libraries provides services and tools to enable discovery of information. The Libraries are engaged with their users in creating a community that values active learning and research processes. Further, the Libraries are stewards of scholarly content and create, organize, and publish scholarly work of the University.
The mission of the University Libraries, as an integral part of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's diverse academic community, is to provide access to information through the teaching, interpretation, acquisition, organization, and preservation of information resources in all forms, to the UNL community, the state of Nebraska, and beyond.
Our mission is accomplished by fostering a forward-looking environment for the creation, dissemination, and utilization of knowledge, applying the principles of information management.
Libraries Strategic Priorities 2012 - 2013
- Continue to seek more stable funding sources for the UNL Libraries.
- Develop services and technologies that will improve engagement with our Libraries' users.
- Advance the Libraries’ role in supporting research programs/scholarly and creative activities.
- Continue to assess and improve internal organizational environment.
- Analyze libraries physical spaces to plan for future users and collections needs.