Laptop Checkout at C.Y. Thompson Library
CY Thompson: 402-472-4401
- Available to current UNL students, staff and faculty.
- You will need your UNL ID at checkout.
- The laptop is checked out through your library account.
- A laptop can be checked out for 7 days.
- You will receive a receipt showing the date and time it is due.
- Sorry. No renewals for laptops.
- Return the laptop, and everything that came with it, to the same place you checked it out from – prior to the time it is due.
- If a laptop is not returned on time, you will be charged a late fee of up to $25 a day (not exceeding the replacement cost of the machine).
- A replacement fee of $1800 will be charged to you if the laptop is not returned and law enforcement authorities will be contacted.
Use Policies & Guidelines
- Save your work on your own devices. Any files you saved on the laptop will be deleted.
- While this laptop is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times.
- You may not lend it to anyone else.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended.
- If the laptop is damaged while in your possession, you are responsible for the cost of repairs, not to exceed the replacement cost of the machine.
- Do not copy any software from the laptop.
- Do not make modifications to the machine including to the software, hardware and system settings.